|Industry||2016 Jobs||Current Earnings||2016 GRP|
|Transportation and Logistics||8,888||$51,228||$851,667,754|
- UPS: United Parcel Service, Inc. (UPS) is the world’s largest package delivery company and a provider of supply chain management solutions.
- Maersk Inc: Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services.
- TransOptions: TransOptions delivers programs and services that improve mobility, the environment and overall quality of life in northwestern New Jersey. TransOptions helps their clients find alternative commute options while also offer programs in bicycle, pedestrian and teen driver safety as well as environmental education and sustainability.
- D. Carton & Son: J. D. Carton and Son has been providing quality moving and storage services since 1953. They provide these services to both residential and commercial clients. Their office is located in Parsippany, NJ.
- Bohren’s Moving and Storage: Bohren’s, headquartered in New Jersey, is a highly regarded household, commercial, international, tradeshow and exhibit moving company. We have expertise in records and media storage, special commodities handling and crating and asset management.
Facts and Figures
- Morris County employees in the transportation and logistics industry earn $6,092 more in wages than the national average.
- Transportation And Logistics increased by 222 jobs (2.9%) from 2011-2016 (Purdue)
- Earnings Per Job = $71,428 (2016)
- The freight transportation arrangement industry does $25,682,006 worth of purchases through its supply chain in the region.
What a Few Morris County Businesses Have to Say
“Our location in Morris County affords us all the advantages of being in the New York Tri-State area, including ready access to world-class companies and talent. With tranquil surroundings, benign commutes and a supportive work environment, we have much to be thankful for.”
“Morris County, home of Holland Manufacturing Company for nearly 60 years, is a great location with access to very competitive truck/freight rates. Morris County is close to ports for export shipments and it provides good rail service”
“As a core value for BASF, diversity is ingrained in our daily business objectives. Our Morris County location supports this focus with diversity of culture, environment, and access to a pipeline of talented individuals whose background and experiences contribute to our innovation.”
“Morris County is a great place to live and work. Being able to recruit from a large base of highly educated and hard-working people makes Morris county a natural for our company headquarters. Not to mention easy access to 3 major airports and Manhattan.”
“Morristown Medical Center, part of Atlantic Health System, is proud to celebrate 125 years in Morris County. Morristown Medical Center, located a short walk from Morristown’s famed downtown, has been recognized as one of the best hospitals in the nation, regionally recognized as one of the top hospitals in the New York Metro area, and is a destination for East Coast residents in search of exceptional medical care and clinical services. Physicians and staff who previously worked at larger, city institutions have relocated to Morris County for a better quality of life without sacrificing their ability to work in a nationally-ranked medical center. In addition, Atlantic Health System is the second-largest employer of Morris County residents. We live and work here, and are committed to improving lives and empowering our communities through health, hope, and healing.”