|Industry||2016 Jobs||Current Earnings||2016 GRP|
|Information Technology and Telecommunications||20,648||$120,323||$4,537,419,929|
- PNY Technologies: Built within a sprawling 40+ acre business campus inParsippany, NJ, New Jersey; PNY’s global headquarters and main manufacturing are located in a new facility that is almost 4 times the size of the previous one. With over a 300% expansion, this facility offers vertical integration of many operations for a more self-sustaining business and increased productivity. This state of-the-art manufacturing facility is vertically integrated – offering turnkey operations including: product assembly, testing, package design, packaging printing and world class logistics.
- iEnterprises: iEnterprises is a leading Mobile Enterprise Application Platform (MEAP) vendor whose technology, iEnterprise Mobile, can mobilize virtually any data source to any smart phone or tablet device, thereby setting the benchmark for all mobility solutions.
- NSM LLC: NSM LLC is an Application Development firm Serving a global client base, the group provides software development, custom apps/applications/software, consulting, software or application managed services, product engineering, game development, quality assurance & testing and process outsourcing services. With its deep technology expertise and industry knowledge, the group works with clients across different business sectors: Retail, Insurance, Health, Media, Logistics, Banking & Financial Services.
- The Casey Group: The Casey Group provides custom business and technology solutions that drive value and deliver success. Since its founding in 1989, The Casey Group has partnered in the design, delivery and management of major IT based business improvements for small and large enterprises; delivering success through operational efficiencies, service improvements, cost reductions, growth, and profitability.
Facts and Figures
- Jobs for Information Technology and Telecommunications increased by 3,254 jobs (18.5%) from 2011-2016, outpacing the national growth rate of 11.0%.
- The technology industry is projected to increase by 952 jobs (4.6%) from 2016-2021.
- Regional job concentration for Information Technology and Telecommunications is 1.63 times the national job concentration. In other words, there are 63% more jobs in Morris County than we would expect to find in the average region.
- According to the NJDOL, Morris County has approximately 1,980 establishments in the technology field (2015)
- In total, technology workers earned around $5,266,380,920 collectively in Morris County (The second highest county in the state)
What a Few Morris County Businesses Have to Say
“Our location in Morris County affords us all the advantages of being in the New York Tri-State area, including ready access to world-class companies and talent. With tranquil surroundings, benign commutes and a supportive work environment, we have much to be thankful for.”
“Morris County, home of Holland Manufacturing Company for nearly 60 years, is a great location with access to very competitive truck/freight rates. Morris County is close to ports for export shipments and it provides good rail service”
“As a core value for BASF, diversity is ingrained in our daily business objectives. Our Morris County location supports this focus with diversity of culture, environment, and access to a pipeline of talented individuals whose background and experiences contribute to our innovation.”
“Morris County is a great place to live and work. Being able to recruit from a large base of highly educated and hard-working people makes Morris county a natural for our company headquarters. Not to mention easy access to 3 major airports and Manhattan.”
“Morristown Medical Center, part of Atlantic Health System, is proud to celebrate 125 years in Morris County. Morristown Medical Center, located a short walk from Morristown’s famed downtown, has been recognized as one of the best hospitals in the nation, regionally recognized as one of the top hospitals in the New York Metro area, and is a destination for East Coast residents in search of exceptional medical care and clinical services. Physicians and staff who previously worked at larger, city institutions have relocated to Morris County for a better quality of life without sacrificing their ability to work in a nationally-ranked medical center. In addition, Atlantic Health System is the second-largest employer of Morris County residents. We live and work here, and are committed to improving lives and empowering our communities through health, hope, and healing.”