|NAICS||Industry||2016 Jobs||Current Earnings||2016 GRP|
- Holland Manufacturing: Holland Mfg. is a full line manufacturer of water activated tapes, Blue Shield protective papers, flooring underlayment and protection, and metal packaging materials.
- Convertech, Inc.: Convertech’s products have always been ahead of the industry, such as when they designed the first multibladder shafts in 1988. The company also designed differential shafts to help wind evenly. They have produced more than 20,000 different air shafts and chucks.
- Herley CTI: Herley CTI is focused on the manufacture of frequency generation and frequency conversion products including, complex and highly integrated systems, tactical airborne integrated frequency converter assemblies and ultrafast direct synthesizers for electronic warfare (EW), radar, satellite communication and test equipment applications.
- Dana Poly: Dana Poly Inc. is a manufacturer of quality polyethylene film, bags and sheet products. Among their industrial offerings are plastic bin liners, box liners, drum liners, gaylord liners, and heavy-duty pallet covers.
- Foster and Company: Foster and Company has fifty years of experience in the manufacturing and distribution of more than 10,000 preventative maintenance products used by a client base of over 50,000. Customers include industrial firms, institutions, transportation and construction companies, schools, and government facilities.
Facts and Figures
- Jobs for manufacturing increased by 661 jobs (9.2%) from 2011-2016, outpacing the national growth rate of 5.7%.
- The manufacturing industry projected to increase by 305 jobs (4.0%) from 2016-2021, outpacing the national growth rate of 3.5%
- In 2016, the manufacturing sector made up 11% of the county’s total GRP, which equals to $5,657,363,590.33.
- The annual wage per employee in 2016 was $99,103
- In 2016, 18,893 individuals worked in the manufacturing industry
What a Few Morris County Businesses Have to Say
“Our location in Morris County affords us all the advantages of being in the New York Tri-State area, including ready access to world-class companies and talent. With tranquil surroundings, benign commutes and a supportive work environment, we have much to be thankful for.”
“Morris County, home of Holland Manufacturing Company for nearly 60 years, is a great location with access to very competitive truck/freight rates. Morris County is close to ports for export shipments and it provides good rail service”
“As a core value for BASF, diversity is ingrained in our daily business objectives. Our Morris County location supports this focus with diversity of culture, environment, and access to a pipeline of talented individuals whose background and experiences contribute to our innovation.”
“Morris County is a great place to live and work. Being able to recruit from a large base of highly educated and hard-working people makes Morris county a natural for our company headquarters. Not to mention easy access to 3 major airports and Manhattan.”
“Morristown Medical Center, part of Atlantic Health System, is proud to celebrate 125 years in Morris County. Morristown Medical Center, located a short walk from Morristown’s famed downtown, has been recognized as one of the best hospitals in the nation, regionally recognized as one of the top hospitals in the New York Metro area, and is a destination for East Coast residents in search of exceptional medical care and clinical services. Physicians and staff who previously worked at larger, city institutions have relocated to Morris County for a better quality of life without sacrificing their ability to work in a nationally-ranked medical center. In addition, Atlantic Health System is the second-largest employer of Morris County residents. We live and work here, and are committed to improving lives and empowering our communities through health, hope, and healing.”