As a Production Supervision Manager at Metem a GE Power Business, you will manage a team of individuals in precision cooling hole manufacturing for power generation and aerospace industries to enable engines to run more efficiently. You will be expected to make business critical decisions in a timely manner while demonstrating leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for your team.
As a Production Supervision Manager you will:
- Provide direction to support needs of daily production plans, including manpower, work assignments, scheduling of overtime, and training
- Drive daily schedule attainment to meet all internal and external customer commitments with top quality at the lowest cost, implement a strategy to reduce cycle times and reduce in-process inventory levels
- Drive business critical metrics including safety, quality and productivity
- Work with cross-functional peers in manufacturing engineering, planning, quality, etc. to resolve issues
- Manage fulfillment / output consistent with the goals and objectives of the department
- Arrange for adequate staffing to meet the production schedules set by production planning and consistent with the operating plan
- Develop and support the growth of all employees and maintain a performance oriented work environment encompassing timely performance appraisals, reviews for new employees, and timely disciplinary action when warranted
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in manufacturing, industrial, or related experience)
- Preferred Leadership Experience in Production or Operations Supervision
- Desire to work in a challenging and dynamic manufacturing environment
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Ability to deal fairly and equitably with all employees
- Demonstrated ability to plan, communicate and execute
- Strong organizational skills and high attentional to detail
- Demonstrated integrity – accept and adhere to high ethical, moral and personal values in decisions, communications, actions and when dealing with others
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; New Jersey; Parsippany
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
|Job Category||Advanced Manufacturing (Robotics, Welding, CNC, Manufacturing|