Business Process Optimization Manager
The Business Process Optimization Manager has specific responsibility for reviewing, processes across the Group (in conjunction with business owners). Ensuring compliance with SOx/COSO 2013 guidance. The Business Process Optimization Manager will be responsible for proactively identifying process improvement opportunities and driving enhancements throughout the group. The view is that in the future the role will operate in a review/consultation mode with a focus on enhancements rather than documentation.
- Assess processes to determine process and tool gaps, how to reduce rework, drive greater quality, and improve efficiency.
- Establish a change control mechanism with the business process owners for all changes to business processes
- Assess processes/initiatives raised at the ‘Innovation Committee’ and determine their suitability/benefits to be automated through technology (e.g. Robotics, K2 workflow).
- Lead the development of recommendations to resolve the gaps in process, tools, and policies.
- Gather existing process documentation and reviews with process owners and the Business Process Analyst
- Works with business process owners and Business Process Analyst to identify potential reengineering opportunities to streamline the use of process automation.
- Design the standardized process improvements/automation.
- Determine the cost/benefit of proposed solutions to help prioritize efforts.
- Data gathering and analysis – financial and non-financial; qualitative and quantitative
- Develop KRI’s and KPI’s to ensure established goals are met and process improvements are sustained and measurable
- Regularly engage with the business to gain and maintain ongoing and in-depth understanding of the business processes
- On-going review of changing processes and ensure process change updates are documented in accordance with SOx requirements
- Provide support, guidance and information on control issues to teams across the Group
- Influence key actors in various business processes to ensure compliance with processes and procedures and to influence change where required.
- Process / Control Documentation experience
- Experience with process enhancement initiatives and/or working in a transformational environment
- Experience of automating Business Processes
- Re/insurance or financial services industry experience
- Audit expertise
- Well developed, up to date knowledge and understanding of the insurance/reinsurance market
- Experience with compliance with sections 302 and 404 of Sarbanes Oxley Act 2002
- Process Optimization certification (Minimum Six Sigma Black Belt)
- Robotics and Workflow Tools
Job Type: Full-time
- sections 302 and 404 of Sarbanes Oxley Act 2002: 5 years (Required)
- insurance / reinsurance: 8 years (Required)
- compliance with SOx/COSO 2013: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Morristown, NJ (Preferred)
- Minimum Six Sigma Black Belt (Required)
- United States (Required)
- 50% (Required)
|Job Category||Professional Services|