|Industry||2016 Jobs||Current Earnings||2016 GRP|
|Aerospace Vehicles and Defense||1,161||$95,429||$261,867,613|
- L-3 Space & Navigation: L3 Space & Navigation has manufactured millions of aircraft indicators, control devices, gyroscopes, and other precision inertial navigation & guidance systems for missile, ground vehicle and space applications. Customers include all U.S. DoD prime contractors, the U.S. military (Air Force, Army, Marine Corps and Navy), NASA, various other aerospace and OEM-type corporations, and a variety of international armies and navies.
- Arconic: Arconic is a leader in investment casting superalloy airfoils for aero engines and industrial gas turbines – and a world class producer of titanium, aluminum and superalloy structural engine and airframe components. They excel in additive manufacturing technologies, vacuum melted alloys, machining, performance coatings and hot isostatic pressing for high performance parts that enable the next generation of more fuel-efficient aero engines and cleaner power generation.
- Breeze-Eastern LLC: Breeze-Eastern is the world’s only dedicated helicopter hoist and winch provider and the world’s largest cargo hook systems manufacturer. The company focuses on engineered equipment for specialty aerospace/defense applications. It also manufactures weapons handling systems and tie-down equipment for military and civilian agencies.
- McWilliams Forge Company: McWilliams Forge Company is a leader in the manufacture of high technology forgings for customers around the world. Its core competencies are Jet Engine Disc manufacturing, and Critical Structural Components from 5 lbs. to 750 lbs. Flexible manufacturing allows McWilliams Forge to ship products in various conditions from “as forged” to “finished”, ready for assembly.
- Marotta Controls: Marotta designs, develops, qualifies and manufactures pressure, power, motion, fluid, and electronic controls for military and commercial markets.
Facts and Figures
- Jobs for the Aerospace and Defense increased by 291 jobs (34.0%) from 2011-2016, outpacing the national growth rate of -1.9%.
- Cost of labor in the region is below average. The regional earnings per job for this industry is $118.5K, which is $5.1K below the national average of $123.5K.
- Regional job concentration for the Aerospace and Defense industry is 2.10 times the state job concentration. In other words, there are 110% more jobs for this industry in Morris County than we would expect to find in the state of New Jersey.
- Aircraft Manufacturing Demand: $121,062,131
- 1,145 Jobs in the Aerospace & Defense sector (2016)
- $37,223,152 worth of in-region purchases made through this industry’s supply chain. (2016)
What a Few Morris County Businesses Have to Say
“Our location in Morris County affords us all the advantages of being in the New York Tri-State area, including ready access to world-class companies and talent. With tranquil surroundings, benign commutes and a supportive work environment, we have much to be thankful for.”
“Morris County, home of Holland Manufacturing Company for nearly 60 years, is a great location with access to very competitive truck/freight rates. Morris County is close to ports for export shipments and it provides good rail service”
“As a core value for BASF, diversity is ingrained in our daily business objectives. Our Morris County location supports this focus with diversity of culture, environment, and access to a pipeline of talented individuals whose background and experiences contribute to our innovation.”
“Morris County is a great place to live and work. Being able to recruit from a large base of highly educated and hard-working people makes Morris county a natural for our company headquarters. Not to mention easy access to 3 major airports and Manhattan.”
“Morristown Medical Center, part of Atlantic Health System, is proud to celebrate 125 years in Morris County. Morristown Medical Center, located a short walk from Morristown’s famed downtown, has been recognized as one of the best hospitals in the nation, regionally recognized as one of the top hospitals in the New York Metro area, and is a destination for East Coast residents in search of exceptional medical care and clinical services. Physicians and staff who previously worked at larger, city institutions have relocated to Morris County for a better quality of life without sacrificing their ability to work in a nationally-ranked medical center. In addition, Atlantic Health System is the second-largest employer of Morris County residents. We live and work here, and are committed to improving lives and empowering our communities through health, hope, and healing.”